Yes it’s been a while since my last post and apologies for that as had other none Gundam modelling projects & things with work to do. so let’s get on with the shoulder units on the Banshee Norn.
First up was to paint & make the inner frame and moving parts for the Psycho frame. As with a lot of the fit of the kit I did have to scrape off some of the paint where it was required so parts would move freely or sit when pushed together. If these were not painted then you will not have any issues, but I would still take great care with fitting parts S8 into s13 as you need to apply pressure but not too much so it breaks.
The shoulder units are now taking shape with some of the psycho frame parts fitted and check that the inner section will still move after it’s fitted. When coming to fit the end moving parts of the shoulder ( J4 ) mine felt brittle so sanded some of the shaft so it fitted better in part S17 and moved with enough grip to stay in place but easy to adjust as in a couple of later stages it needs to move to fit other parts around it.
Once this has been done there are just a few more larger armour pieces to fit & that’s the shoulders completed ready for fitting near the end.
As my completed Banshee will not keep changing it’s pose & fixed to a base I moved all the psycho frame pieces to the correct mode I’m setting it do so as not to break anything when fully built & try to move it then. As you can see the shoulder expands out to show the orange psycho parts & bulks it out.
Here is a picture to show how the inner workings of the shoulder look when in the full psycho mode.